Our core team is supported by a hand-picked network of highly skilled and experienced specialists from across the UK. Our Academy of Specialists bring a wealth of leadership, coaching, skills training and facilitation expertise, and experience that spans the health, local government and other public sectors, voluntary and charitable organisation and private sector. This diverse experience enhances our ability to provide innovative and leading edge support to our clients.
- Organisational development and business planning with NHS Improving Quality, NHSElect. (Current)
- Designing, developing and facilitating board to board workshops across health care organisations to enable them to create a way of working together to support governance and agree a supportive culture to deliver business. (Since 2010)
- Team development for Senior Leadership Teams in educational Academy’s in Greater Manchester to improve performance and relationships as a team. (Current)
- Carrying out board observation and working with boards Non Executives and Executive Directors Chief Execs, senior clinicians and wider teams to enable the writing and agreement of vision, mission and strategic direction for the coming year. (2013 and 2014)
- Large scale facilitation for Commissioning organisations working with clinicians and senior managers to enable agreement to move forward on government reforms and secure best fit management arrangements. (Since 2007)
- Professional coaching very senior staff as well as junior members of staff in Local Authorities, Education, Health and Social Care to enable individuals harness their personal power to their positive effect. (Ongoing)
- Commissioned by NHS England to facilitate relationship breakdown of top team (2013-2014)
Liam is an experienced development consultant, with experience in healthcare and with retailers including Boots and Superdrug. He has held senior learning and development, operations and commercial roles following clinical and academic roles as a pharmacist earlier in his career.
Liams key skills lie in delivering high energy workshops that are both challenging and fun, and producing training support materials that are visually and mentally engaging help people apply the skills and knowledge they have learnt. His major interests are in helping clients utilise improved communication skills to become more effective in management, leadership and influence and helping teams manage their own motivation. The programmes that Liam runs use a range of metaphors to help participants grasp important concepts and then gives people space to put these concepts into their own context.
As a coach and facilitator, Liam supports individuals and teams to better understand themselves or their situation, and draws out the skills and knowledge they already have to overcome problems and barriers. His action orientated approach leads to an increased level of self-reliance that encourages clients to move to the next level of performance.
Liam lives with his wife and four children in Melton Mowbray, travelling throughout the UK and Ireland to deliver programmes. He is a keen cyclist and musician.
Sarah is a successful and highly experienced leader specialising in health and social care consultancy and interim leadership. She has a track record of delivering complex strategic programmes, specialising in organisational change, and capability building. Her passion is connecting strategy and performance: enabling leaders, teams and individuals to work collaboratively and deliver high quality outcomes.
Sarah has in-depth knowledge of health and social care policy having worked within a range of organisations in the NHS and the private consulting sector in her thirty-year career. More recently at the Centre for Workforce Intelligence she led complex programmes on the future shape of the workforce. As a PCT workforce director Sarah led leadership and workforce development across a health economy. She was instrumental in leading commissioning development as part of the world class commissioning process within a PCT and across a region. She also led the change process to support merger and development of a mental health trust.
Sarah began her career as an NHS Graduate Management Trainee, holds a Diploma in Health Services Management and is a member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.
She is also a Visiting Fellow in Nursing and Integrated Care at Bucks New University and works in collaboration with Manchester Business School and the Health Services Management Centre, Birmingham.
Val has over 30 years experience in the area of personal and organisational development gained from working in the public and private sectors, including the NHS and higher education. Her main focus os on leadership, organisational development and change management and her clients are primarily chief executives, directors and senior managers.
Val has particular interest in 1:1 and small group interventions including coaching, action learning sets and team facilitation. She is passionate about helping others develop their effectiveness and to bring about real and lasting change.
Val is a qualified user of psychometric tests at levels A and B, including Myers Briggs Type Indicator, 16PFS and the Hogan Development Survey. She is also accredited to use 360° degree feedback on a range of tools including the Transformational Leadership Questionnaire and is a trained workplace mediator.
Val is also a facilitator at the Leadership Trust, one of the leading centres for leadership development in the UK.